So why is water so worthy of our attention? Let’s look at some of the big factors that water is involved in:
1. Humans are made up of approximately 60% water. It is important to keep the body hydrated to maintain this level for proper bodily functions like kidney function, digestion, flushing out toxins, and assisting in proper brain function.
2. Our skin also loves water as it needs it to stay strong, function properly with fewer skin disorders, and also prevent wrinkling (anti-aging effect).
3. Body Temperature is affected by proper hydration. If you are exercising or sweating more than usual, extra water is needed to replenish that that is lost. Dehydration or lack of water in the body will not allow the body temperature to do its job properly.
4. Proper hydration also helps with regular bowel movements and helps to ward off constipation.
5. Water helps with weight loss. Studies have shown that drinking extra water while trying to lose weight can help lose extra weight. Water= weight loss!
6. Water will help almost every aspect of your body and improve your health.
TIPS to DRINK YOUR WATER:
-Track your progress. With any good food and weight loss plan, it’s best to TRACK. Keep a log of how much you are drinking. Half of your body weight in ounces is what is recommended but not to exceed 100 oz.
-Enhance your water with fresh fruit or veggies. Add in a lemon slice, orange slice, berries, cucumber, basil or whatever you like to make the good stuff go down thru out the day.
-Have a water bottle with you ALWAYS and pace yourself thru out the day.
-Water is the key to weight loss and excellent health. Make it a priority in your daily routine!